Man, this pandemic has been rough. On everyone. And especially on small businesses like ours. But we’ve been happy to follow all state and city guidelines for closing, reopening, and operating safely. Nothing is more important than the health and safety of our clients and staff, so we will be taking thorough precautions before, during, and after every photo shoot, and adjusting our procedures as we all learn more about COVID-19 and how it spreads.
To that end, here’s a breakdown of changes you’ll be seeing in how we operate:
- Increased cleaning in the studio and equipment, using cleaning supplies with disinfectant.
- Appointment booking and reminder emails provide instructions for a safe shoot.
- Staff is required to alert the Studio Manager if they feel any symptoms or have been in recent contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19 so their shoots can be covered or rescheduled and they can self-quarantine for at least 14 days.
In the studio:
- Both you and the photographer must wear a mask / face covering and refrain from handshakes / physical contact during the shoot.
- Everyone must immediately wash their hands upon arrival at the studio.
- Instead of the photographer adjusting your hair or clothing during the shoot, a mirror will be provided, and/or live-viewing of the photos on a monitor.
- After every shoot, high-touch areas will be wiped with a disinfectant before the next visitor is allowed entry.
- Upon arrival, you will also have your temperature taken with a contact-free thermometer and asked the following questions before being allowed entry:
- Have you had a fever, cough, or cold/flu-like symptoms in the past 14 days?
- Have you had contact with anyone who has shown any cold/flu-like symptoms in the past 14 days?
- All our staff members will wear a mask / face covering.
- We will maintain social distancing and no physical contact with your employees while in your office.
- When each person enters the room where we are set up for photos, we will ask them to sanitize their hands (we will bring hand sanitizer).
- Surfaces and objects touched will be wiped with disinfectant (we will bring disinfecting wipes) between each person.
- Instead of the photographer adjusting your hair or clothing during the shoot, a mirror will be provided.
Hair and makeup artists:
- Hair and makeup artists will wear a mask / face covering and, if available, a face shield.
- All surfaces will be sanitized between each person.
- In the studio only, if you are having makeup done you will be asked to wash your face before makeup begins.
- Since a mask is not possible during makeup application, you will be given some paper towels to hold so that if you feel a cough or sneeze coming, you can cough/sneeze into the paper towels.
- As is already customary, all makeup is applied with as many disposable products as possible and all non-disposable products are used once and sanitized.
- Hair and makeup artists already wash their hands before beginning, but you will now have the option of them using disposable gloves if you prefer.