Our awesome little photo studio is searching for an Operations Manager to add to our team! If the below description sounds like you, email your resumé and a brief note about why you think you’d crush it here to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our photo studio needs an Operations Manager with some serious organizational skills to keep us running quickly, smoothly, and efficiently. The position is part time (roughly 10-15 hours per week), flexible, and mostly remote. We need someone who can juggle many projects and track daily appointments while keeping them all organized and on task.
We’re looking for a quick learner who has experience wearing a lot of hats: scheduling, management (such as office management or retail), a background in customer service / client relations, computer and internet literate, an avid user of Google Calendar / G-suite, previous experience with CMS or project management software, sales, and loves social media. Oh, and when we say “serious organizational skills” we mean “SERIOUS organizational skills.” Like meticulous Type A personality. Photography knowledge not necessary, so if you’ve never even held a camera in your hands or worked at a photo studio: no worries.
- Scheduling: Managing the shoot schedules for multiple photographers, which change daily, booking makeup artists and assistants, scheduling, cancelling, and rescheduling appointments for clients
- Client relations: answer phone and email questions from clients and prospective clients for individuals and corporate accounts
- Sales: converting leads into sales, reaching out to former clients for new projects, keeping an eye out for new opportunities for exposure
- Project management: directing the back-end operations for all shoots through our project tracking software and CMS
- Also project management: directing the front-end operations for all shoots to prep clients and photographers, finalize all booking details
- Social media: managing our social media presence and responding to messages from prospective clients
- Studio management: bi-monthly cleaning of the photo studio, stocking drinks and snacks, ordering expendables and photo equipment
Organic Headshots is a headshot and portrait studio located near Wicker Park. We’ve been in business for 16 years, and have 4 photographers and 4 makeup artists. We pride ourselves in treating every photo shoot like the individual experience it is, and have grown our business through repeat clients and word of mouth, because we help everyone who comes through our door get the best photos they can. Our staff stay with the studio for years because we act as a family, respect each other, help each other learn and grow, and support each other, so we can all do the best job we can.
The position is part time, but requires being “on call” and able to respond to emails and phone calls within a few hours of receiving them, every day. You will file as a 1099 contractor, with a base rate every pay period (27 in a year), plus an hourly rate for all time logged while working (roughly 10-15 hours per week). Benefits include the flexibility to tackle work on your own schedule for some great work/life balance, being a part of an awesomely supportive team that takes care of each other, 5 free therapy sessions a year, and a discounted therapy rate through our mental health clinic partner for stress management (but we promise it’s not that stressful of a job, we’re just really big into mental health here).
Anti-discrimination and inclusivity policy
Organic Headshots is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.